- B.A., English, IT lifecycle documentation: technical and software data; medical device software (NIM Eclipse & Bone Mill).
- Engineering & healthcare compliance & style experience/IEEE, ISOs, MIL-STDs, FDA, CFR Graduate school experience: UCF English; Penn State Humanities/Manufacturing, LEAN, Six Sigma, TWI training and experience. Former English teacher.
- Courseware conversion and developing experience.
Technical Writer, Editor/Courseware Developer
A Harold and Associates
9/2014 – Present
- Experienced in instructional technology, design, and development (ADDIE model), and analysis of government furnished material.
- Design/development of script storyboards and selection of instructional media, materials, and equipment to meet learning objectives.
- Developed Computer-Based Training (CBT) courseware and supporting documents. Utilize appropriate standards and specifications for courseware development (e.g., style guide).
- Work directly with graphics specialists, developers, training analysts, and SMEs to meet all customer requirements.
- Wrote, implemented technical data products related to device and software lifecycle logistics, sustainment and support of fielded training systems.
- Produced, wrote, edited technical maintenance, operator, and end-user manuals for U.S. Army Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC) program and other logistics support documentation. Organized, develop technical diagrams and flowcharts, and graphics to support content. Developed document plans, style guides. Researched and organized complex work; composed and edited technical information. Familiar with MIL-STD-40051-2A, GEIA-STD-0007-A. Knowledgeable in editorial principles and techniques of communicating information. Strong contextual understanding of technical terminology and extensive technical vocabulary. Interfaced with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and management of all levels. Knowledge of document and repository management practices. Knowledge of industry, government standards and specifications. Knowledge of development tools, Blended Learning, Systems Approach, ILE/ADL, SCORM, and learning content management systems.
Environmental Technical Writer, Editor
4/30/2014 - 9/15/2014
- Edit, write various content for environmental publications.
- Perform technical editing, desktop publishing of environmental reports and studies, management plans, impact statements, assessments, and permit applications.
- Edit, assemble all standardized technical documents. Use advanced features of publishing software. Organize, evaluate, and present pertinent data. Maintain compliance and regulatory requirements.
Jacksonville Business Journal
3/7/2014 – 4/2016
- Write content for business newspaper publication. Maintain deadlines.
- Work effectively with editors and staff. Interview Jacksonville community for editorial and feature sections.
- Utilize various databases, software and computer applications and platforms.
Medical Device Technical Writer, Editor/Business Analyst/Digital Content Editor
Contract: Vistakon, Florida Blue, Medtronic, Chiropractic Economics
5/2012 to 6/2013/08/2013 to 11/2013
- Write, edit technical, medical, science content for print and Internet publications
- Maintain regulatory compliance standards/Interview SMEs for background, research and content
- Experience with AP Style, GPO, MIL-STDs, AMA, APA, Chicago, MLA, ISOs, IEEE
- Joomla, WordPress, InDesign, some Dreamweaver & Frame Maker. Some Illustrator.
- SEO experience, SEM, Google Analytics familiarity, website architecture: HTML and Basic Image Editing. Manufacturing experience.
- Plan, write, edit, and coordinate end-user manuals, guidance documents, instructions for use, labeling and other technical documentation. Research products by reading product specifications and other documentation, interviewing subject matter experts, and investigating prototype hardware and software (NIM-Eclipse 3.5). Write and edit software manuals (assisted with Cisco auto-install process rewrites), including localizing English content, according to regulatory and geographical requirements. Develop or coordinate illustrations, photos or other media with graphic designers. Coordinate translations projects. Participate on product development team(s). Write instruction, procedures, and requirements specifications according to Heath Reform compliance standards. Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements. Represent requirements using UML, prototypes. Lead requirements analysis and verification (e.g., often utilizing BPMN), ensuring requirement statements are concise. Conduct and participate in peer reviews and document inspections. Enter, manipulate, and report on requirements stored in a commercial requirements management tool. Define requirement attributes to facilitate project. Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status. Manage changes to requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools. Oracle, Siebel. Microsoft 2003, 2007, 2010; Excel 2007, 2010. Assist Medical Device Operations with writing, editing documentation related to line and systems validations, training, mechanical and electrical systems and maintenance guides. Manage release and control of updates to instructions, drawings and other documents. Write technical justifications, white papers, and technical specifications; edited manufacturing procedures. Control distribution of new manufacturing releases and recall-destruction of obsolete documents. Support records management project objectives with telephony and similar infrastructure. Maintain partnerships with cross-functional teams including: Operations and Engineering. Experienced QUMAS Workflow Originator; prepare periodic status reports; accurately sort, file, mail and copy critical-vital records; accurately input data in a database spreadsheet and provide reports. Adhere to environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures and to follow good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and Quality Systems Regulations. Maintained FDA/ISO Regulatory Compliance standards. Program Manager/Administrator for Training Within Industry (TWI) and PCF benchmarks. Produce job training documentation for TWI program job instruction technical training. Managed safety and document audit controls for technical manufacturing machinery generations. SharePoint platform.
Technical Content Writer
5/08/2008 to 5/29/2011
- Write articles for print and Internet publications.
- Maintain SEO and regulatory compliance standards/Interviewed SMEs, government officials, law-enforcement, community for background, research and content -- Maintain good working relationships with editors, managers and contacts -- Familiar with various quality assurance, industry, print and Internet regulatory/proprietary publication standards. Published more than 600 articles
8/2008 to 6/2009
- Wrote, edited, published military manufacturing, maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting guides; reviewed graphics, illustrations, and IETMs for Infantry M2A3, Cavalry M3A3, and BFIST FOV vehicle book series. Bradley Fighting Vehicles engineering, vendor and source data for electronic and hardcopy book series. Fact-check and ensure vehicle and tool technical specifications correspond with military documentation standard. Check XML markups and HTML tags for accuracy and consistency. Worked with IETMs, MIL-STD 40051-2. 2361. ISOs (9001 & 14001). IEEE. GPO. MTTR. 2RPSTLs. HVAC & CBRN data. Edited military technical manuals, manufacturing, maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting guides; reviewed graphics, illustrations, and Interactive Electronic Technical manuals (IETMs) for Infantry.M2A3, Cavalry M3A3, and BFIST FOV vehicle book series. Bradley Fighting Vehicles engineering, vendor and source data for electronic and hardcopy book series. Edited technical manuals for content.
- Fact-check and ensure vehicle and tool technical specifications correspond with military documentation standard. Check XML markups and HTML tags for accuracy and consistency. Worked with IETMs, MIL-STD 40051-2. 2361. ISOs (9001 & 14001). IEEE. GPO. MTTR. RPSTLs. HVAC & CBRN data.
Staff Writer, Reporter
Florida Today/Hometown News
3/2006 to 3/2008
- Worked as multifaceted reporter for daily and weekly newspapers.Interviewed federal, state, and local law-enforcement officials; developed work relationships with local hospitals, city mayors, city council members, and public to gather information for news and feature stories.
- Wrote news stories covering city, education and crime beat for Rockledge and Cocoa, Florida. City Correspondent for the Press Journal, Viera Voice, and Florida Today. AP, SEO, and Chicago style-standards. Met daily and weekly deadlines. Book Writer for Atlantic Publishing Company. Published “The Social Security Handbook: What You Need to Know Explained Simply” October 2008.
Computer and Internet Tools including:
B.A., English, 2005
M.A., English, 2011-2012
Pennsylvania & Florida
U.S. ARMY MILITARY POLICE CORPS ● 1/1988-89
- 40TH MP COMPANY/FT McCLELLAN, AL
- 3RD MP COMPANy/SCHWEINFURT, FRG
References, samples, and additional information available upon request.